Email list hosting service & mailing list manager

[BCAB] A strange error message when pasting text from Word into an email Chris Cook (04 Dec 2012 14:44 GMT)

[BCAB] A strange error message when pasting text from Word into an email Chris Cook 04 Dec 2012 14:44 GMT

Hi all,

I wonder if someone could help me please. I'm running Windows XP, JAWS9, IE7, Office 2003 and am using Outlook Express as my email client.

Whenever I select some text either from a web page or from another Word document and use controlV to paste it into the body of an email, I get the following error message.
"One or more active exe controls could not be displayed because either:
1. Your current security settings prohibit running active exe controls from this page, or
2. You have blocked the publisher of one of the controls.
As a result,the page may not display correctly".

I've just had my machine rebuilt after a major crash and have never had this message before. I installed IE7 with the standard configuration and haven't changed any of the security settings. I'm puzzled though as to why active exe controls should be involved when pasting text from Word into Outlook Express.

In spite of the error message, the text usually, but not always appears in the body of the email.

Any help as to what I could try would be very welcome, as the error message is very frustrating.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Best Wishes

Chris.