Email list hosting service & mailing list manager

[BCAB] Postgraduate Survey Anderson, Benjamin Marc (Student) (12 Dec 2012 15:48 GMT)
Re: [BCAB] Postgraduate Survey Barry Hill (12 Dec 2012 17:28 GMT)

[BCAB] Postgraduate Survey Anderson, Benjamin Marc (Student) 12 Dec 2012 15:48 GMT

My name is Benjamin Anderson, a 26 year old postgraduate student currently studying for an MA in Creative Music Technology at Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge. As part of my thesis, I am conducting research into creating a piece of software, specifically for the blind and visually impaired, that is able to sonify various forms of complex data (such as a graph). As you will likely be unaware of this term, sonification is the use of non-speech audio to convey information or perceptualize data. More specifically, sonification is the transformation of data relations into perceived relations in an acoustic signal for the purposes of facilitating communication or interpretation. My project is seeking to offer blind users a new way to experience data, through sonic means. I am looking for people who are willing to participate in a short survey/questionaire regarding this project, as part of my development research. My aim is to program this software so that it does not require any assistance from sighted individuals, allowing the user full control over what he/she is sonifying and the sounds that they are hearing. I would be hugely grateful for any volunteers who would be willing to participate - all that would be initially required would be to answer a short series of questions related to the project. Please contact me should you be interested by replying to this thread or by sending me an email me at benjamin.anderson@student.anglia.ac.uk<mailto:bma106@student.anglia.ac.uk>