Email list hosting service & mailing list manager

[BCAB] Sluggish TVonics Sunil Peck (12 Dec 2012 10:15 GMT)
Re: [BCAB] Sluggish TVonics Ibrahim Gucukoglu (12 Dec 2012 11:11 GMT)
Re: [BCAB] Sluggish TVonics Sunil Peck (12 Dec 2012 11:16 GMT)
Re: [BCAB] Sluggish TVonics Chris H (12 Dec 2012 10:37 GMT)
Re: [BCAB] Sluggish TVonics Sunil Peck (14 Dec 2012 09:48 GMT)

Re: [BCAB] Sluggish TVonics Sunil Peck 14 Dec 2012 09:48 GMT

Thanks for the suggestion. I managed to fix it without doing that.

After I posted the original message I noticed I could hear the hard drive whirring away when I hadn't set it to record anything. So I guessed that I was watching TV a few seconds behind real time so I skipped forward loads and then pressed the stop button.

I don't know whether I assumed right, but skipping forward loads and pressing stop to return to live TV did the trick anyway.

Sunil

Sunil Peck
Journalist and Web Content Producer
020 7619 7325
sunil.peck@disabilitynow.org.uk<mailto:sunil.peck@disabilitynow.org.uk>

On 12 Dec 2012, at 10:37, Chris H wrote:

Try a restore by pressing menu, then going to services, then going to
reset set top box. Enter the pin which is 0000 by default then follow
the prompts. You will lose everything except what is on the hard drive,
including the speech.

Christopher Hallsworth

On 12/12/2012 10:15, Sunil Peck wrote:
Hi,

The speech on my TVonics box has become sluggish to the point where it takes about 45 minutes for it to announce the channel number, programme and next programme when I switch channels. So it'll start talking, pause, pick up again several seconds later, grind to a halt and struggle to the end of the info.

It's also taking ages for anything to happen when I press the library, menu and TV guide buttons.

The only thing I've done recently which is anything from the norm, is that I set it up to record Match of the Day on Sunday. When the programme was about half way through I switched to it and wound it back and watched from the beginning while it was still recording.

I can't think why that might have affected it but it's only started playing up since then.

I only have three pages of programmes stored on the hard drive. One film, and a few 30 and 60 minutes programmes.

If anyone could suggest what the problem might be and how I can fix it I'd appreciate it.

Sunil

Sunil Peck
Journalist and Web Content Producer
020 7619 7325
sunil.peck@disabilitynow.org.uk<mailto:sunil.peck@disabilitynow.org.uk><mailto:sunil.peck@disabilitynow.org.uk>

--
To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring, please visit our website:
http://www.bcab.org.uk/

To manage your subscription to the BCAB mailing list, please visit our website:
http://www.bcab.org.uk/bcab-discussion-list/

To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email moderator@bcab.org.uk.