Email list hosting service & mailing list manager

[BCAB] itunes problems jilliangrant@talktalk.net (19 Dec 2012 23:26 GMT)
Re: [BCAB] itunes problems Barry Toner (20 Dec 2012 09:01 GMT)
Re: [BCAB] itunes problems Chris (20 Dec 2012 12:30 GMT)
[BCAB] BT Infinity installation Kevin Russell (24 Dec 2012 08:40 GMT)
Re: [BCAB] BT Infinity installation Alan Booth (24 Dec 2012 08:57 GMT)
Re: [BCAB] BT Infinity installation Matthew Horspool (24 Dec 2012 10:35 GMT)
Re: [BCAB] BT Infinity installation Jackie Cairns (24 Dec 2012 11:23 GMT)
Re: [BCAB] BT Infinity installation Kevin Russell (24 Dec 2012 11:46 GMT)
Re: [BCAB] BT Infinity installation Yusuf (24 Dec 2012 12:03 GMT)
Re: [BCAB] BT Infinity installation Kevin Russell (24 Dec 2012 12:17 GMT)
Re: [BCAB] BT Infinity installation Andrew Hodgson (24 Dec 2012 18:31 GMT)

Re: [BCAB] BT Infinity installation Andrew Hodgson 24 Dec 2012 18:31 GMT

Hi,

What you will get from the engineer is as follows:

- a BT VDSL modem (not router), which needs to be connected via RJ11 to the master socket;
- a BT Home Hub wireless router that needs to connect to the modem via an RJ45 connection.  This connection can be far from the modem, it doesn't matter as long as you have a a long enough RJ45 ethernet cable.

The Home Hub will have a pre-configured wireless key and will just connect using default settings to the Internet through the other modem.  You don't need to go into the setup of the Home Hub, but it is available if you want to change the wireless key etc.  The Home Hub can also connect to ADSL, so if you have a Home Hub 3 and are upgrading, you may not get a new router at all.

From my experience at work it didn't impact on ADSL service until the engineer came and switched stuff round in the cabinet/exchange, but we weren't using BT; we were using another business provider for the remote office.

Hope this helps.
Andrew.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bcab [mailto:bcab-bounces@lists.bcab.org.uk] On Behalf Of Kevin Russell
Sent: 24 December 2012 08:40
To: BCAB Discussion List
Subject: [BCAB] BT Infinity installation

Hi

In the new year, I'm moving to BT Infinity.  An engineer will  be visiting me to set up the installation.  BT is providing a new router and modem.

My questions are:

Will I still be able to log in to my new router in the way that I can with my current one, using a 192.168 etc. web address.

I'm guessing the engineer is going to use an installation CD that uses a BT installation software package that will set up the appropriate router and BT settings.  Is this software accessible or could I encounter problems.

Will my current ADSL service be affected prior to the installation date, say, the previous evening.

Any advice or tips are very welcome.

Many thanks.

Cheers

Kevin

Kevin Russell
CICS Test
IBM UK Ltd
MP 102 Hursley Park
Winchester, Hampshire
United Kingdom.  SO21 2JN
Tel: +44  1962 815531
(internal 245531)
Internet: kevin_russell@uk.ibm.com

Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number 741598.
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU
--
To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring, please visit our website:
http://www.bcab.org.uk/

To manage your subscription to the BCAB mailing list, please visit our website:
http://www.bcab.org.uk/bcab-discussion-list/

To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email moderator@bcab.org.uk.